This week we may have been celebrating the Queen’s birthday, but the last few months I’ve had my eye on another royal. A few weeks ago, Prince William and the Duchess of Cambridge Kate Middleton went on their royal tour to India and Bhutan. Over the course of this tour it verified two things for me: 1. India looks stunning (it is now on my ‘to visit’ list) and 2. Kate Middleton has amazing style.
We’ve all known since she stepped into the royal spotlight she was probably one of the trendiest members of the royal family (sorry queenie!), but during the royal tour it was her series of on-trend high street outfits that have won me and the rest of the nation over. Although there have been reports that her wardrobe cost close to £35,000 for the seven days (more than I earn in a year) the Duchess of Cambridge proved even Accessorize, Zara and Topshop are fit for royalty!
Obviously not all of Kate’s wardrobe is from the high street, she’s a member of the royal family remember, so during the visit we also saw a number of expensive designer dresses and accessories.
Take a look below at some of my favourite Kate Middleton looks from the royal visit and the past, then learn how to snap up this fabulous royal’s style…
Get the Kate Middleton Look
1. Vila Smart Navy Blazer £45: Although this is not the exact match of Kate’s navy blazer they’re a big staple item for your wardrobe this season
2. Glamorous Red Maxi Dress £50: Whilst in India, Kate spent a day with the local children. This is the exact dress she wore.
3. Anita Dongre Gulrukh Tunic Dress $236.60: This dress was designed by an Indian designer called Anita Dongre. At about £165 you can get the exact same dress!
4. Dune Espadrille Slingback Wedge Sandal £60: If you hadn’t noticed by now, Kate loves a pair of espadrille wedges. These are a pair you’ll find in her royal wardrobe.
5. Ray Ban Wayfarer Folding Classic Sunglasses £170: When it comes to sunglasses, Kate opts for nothing but the classics: Ray Ban Wayfarer. These are her favourites…
7. Russell & Bromley Xpresso Crossover Flats £175: The duchess loves a good pair of flats when she’s off duty or visiting a new corner of the world. These are the exact pair she wore with that stunning red Gorgeous dress earlier.
8. Zara Mid Rise Biker Trousers £29.99: Hang on a second, it can’t be true, Kate Middleton wears Zara trousers?! Yes it’s true, and here’s the exact pair you saw her wearing whilst on safari in India!
What is your favourite Kate Middleton look?