Winter may be fast approaching but the clothes season is already in full swing. This means that lately I seem to find myself avoiding shops for the sanity of my bank account- which is easier said than done. When it comes to dressing for work in the winter, it can sometimes be a little difficult when all you want to do is leave the house in your onesie or your favourite woolly jumper. Unfortunately I don’t think my boss would appreciate me turning up in my onesie so I have put together a wishlist of the workwear I have been eyeing up the last few weeks that would be a little more acceptable…
1. ASOS Contrast Bow 70s Blouse £30: For a lot of people, TV and Movies influence their fashion choices. For me, I was always in love with Gossip Girl’s Blair Waldorf because she had the most amazing fashion sense. This means I am a huge fan of blouses with bows.
2. Mulberry Check Putty Pink Scarf £180: Scarves are important for the winter. Not only because they keep you warm but they also help finish off an outfit, even if it’s just dressing up a coat. This cashmere scarf would go perfectly with a trench coat.
3. Yumi Long Sleeve Knitted Shift Dress £55: Since working in the city I’ve acquired a phobia for trousers but dresses in the winter can be cold. Que the jumper dress! Say goodbye to baggy over-sized jumper dresses, this one is perfect for work.
4. Zara Peplum Trench Coat £79.99: A trench coat is a classic winter workwear essential. No matter what you have on underneath, a trench coat looks smart without even trying.
5. Russel & Bromley Close Cut Point Tassel Loafer £175: The winter has only just begun and I’m already tired of wearing boots or pumps that get wet in the rain. These are a modern take on the classic Russel and Bromley Loafer and you can never go wrong with a good quality shoe.
6. Aspinal of London Large Marylebone Tote £895: When it comes to dreams, this bag is in mine. Totally out of my price range but it’s just so stunning I can’t help but stare at it. As a huge fan of monogramming, it makes me want it even more that you can personalise it with your intials.